1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Psychonauts sequel on the way?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 8 Feb 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I can't read the words "Double Fine" without hearing it in Jack Black's metal falsetto from the beginning of the (part awesome, part flawed) Brutal Legend.

3. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I'm kind of glad Brutal Legend didn't do that well. It was nowhere near as good as it was claimed to be. It's the kind of game that reviewers love, because it's new and it's clever and it's cool, but as a gamer when I sat down to play through it, nothing felt right. It played like a game that had been made by people who don't normally make games of that sort.

4. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Don't bother it will only be another financial failure anyway. If it's not an FPS, or about zombies, or rich enough to pay off reviews and generate a tidal wave of hype like Skyrim, then it's not going to sell much.

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  5. GonzoRIP

GonzoRIP What's a Dremel?

i dsagree. i think we are actually entering a video game renaissance right now. with steams support of the indie community we are seeing more and more interesting and quality titles popping up and if they made a sequal they could even bundle it with the original game for a slightly higher price. btw it has the tidal wave of hype right now with notch stepping up to the plate and supporting it. might only last a couple weeks but that depends on the next steps these 2 guys take in the near future

6. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I hope you're right. I just have a very low opinion of the industry these days.

7. Th3Maverick

Th3Maverick What's a Dremel?

Rog, I a have to agree with Gonzo. If that was the only way for a game to be a commercial success, then there would be no way for Persson to have the flow to front the cash for the sequel. Which is kind of a mind-bending paradox, if you think about it.

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Psychonausts 2..
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Ijust finished Psychonauts thanks to Steam.
    Shame they don't sell Brütal Legend... my hate of jack black has kept me from it so far :rock:

10. alamoqqvv

alamoqqvv What's a Dremel?

Ijust finished Psychonauts thanks to Steam.
    Shame they don't sell Brütal Legend... my hate of jack black has kept me from it so far

Tags: Add Tags