1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Adobe releases patches for critical Flash, AIR vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Aug 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. rollo

rollo Modder

the winner for the most patched program on earth

Adobe Flash

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

The winner of the most patches still needed...

lp rob1 likes this.
  4. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Can we just leave Flash to die and move on to HTML5? Youtube has converted, but most other sites - like Flash game sites - still only use Flash. Adobe themselves are practically forcing people to stop using Flash themselves - dropping Linux support, removing the Flash app for Android etc. It seems that even Adobe want to get rid of this aging technology!

5. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

'four memory corruption vulnerabilities, an integer overflow vulnerability, and a cross-domain information leakage issue'..... I only went to the GP for a check-up and this is exactly what he diagnosed me with as well

6. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

im guessing adobe knows this as well, they know flash is aging, until then they cannot do much but try to update it since a lot still uses it. ie6 cough* cough*

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

When HTML5 will works properly, then you can suggest that. So far it doesn't, and crashes web browsers. Since YouTube implement HTML5 program, they can't visit youTube anymore as it crashes sometimes. Where they use Opera, Chrome or Firefox. I keep telling people to go to youtube.com/html5, and click to opt out, so that it uses Flash. And youtube isn't this exception. About all web sites that uses HTML5 videos creates headaches. HTML5 is extremely far from ready.

8. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Just finished imaging 600 odd windows 7 machines over 3 sites. 3rd year in a row Adobe have waited until we have just about finished with the yearly image before deciding its massively broken : (

9. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

Anyone else notice that Win8 refuses to update Flash for IE? The Adobe Flash download webpage tells me to enable compatibility view lists in IE (which already are enabled) but Windows Update doesn't install a new Flash like it is supposed to. If you manually download the Active X version of Flash it won't install in Win8. I wish I could say it was a software glitch only on my one PC but this happens in my desktop's virtual machines as well as on my laptop. So right now there is no way to manually update IE's Flash on Win8...

10. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?

This is a good thing, as it will only accelerate the development and acceptance of HTML5. I love developing in Flex/Air/Flash, but it's time to move on.

11. Jhodas

Jhodas Theorist

That is a horrific list of vulnerabilities...

12. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

3rd paragraph - "vulnerabilities that could case a crash", should it not be "cause a crash" :)