1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News E-sports teams disqualified for collusion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 29 Aug 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

First Badminton now e-"Sports" will the disrespect never end!

Won't some one think of the children.....

3. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

a 2yr ban should be added to this also .

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Vidja germs iz srs bzns.

I didn't spectate the game, but the article states that some who did still felt that they were each trying to win and simply agreed to a certain way of playing the game. Without proof that they were going to split the winnings or having a certain team win it seems a little early to take away the prize and "Circuit points". As long as both teams are doing all random, all mid they're both on equal footing.

I would go so far as to say that the match was a lot of fun for both teams and entertaining for the spectators because it's so unique, which is why I really can't stand e-sports. It's a game. Both teams were clearly enjoying it as such yet all they get is punishment.

5. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

well take it out of this and change it to any main stream sport, ala soccer... if the striker says "i will not shoot at goal but try and win" during the game is a big no no. cos u affecting the game negatively. not choosing ur best character is also affecting the game. discussing strategies with opponents is also very much colluding. so i think the just taking money away is too little of a penalty myself.

6. agennazes

agennazes Banned

E sports teams disqualified for collusion

Excellent. Enjoyed the first game but the events were a bit odd. It may be a blatant Wii Sports clone awaits the Ninty fanboys to point this out and gnash their teeth but I bet itll be good fun.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I suppose that depends on what you call a negative affect on the game. If not playing a win at all costs no fun allowed game is a negative affect then it's already a lost cause in my mind. Both teams agreed to the same terms and played by them, each still trying their best within the self-imposed rules and most importantly: wanted to do something interesting and fun. Apparently fun isn't allowed if that gets punished.

8. Stonewall78

Stonewall78 What's a Dremel?

Is this like in "The Wizard" where the guy pulls out the power glove?

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Well then...

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags