1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News CM Storm unveils the QuickFire TK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 18 Oct 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

So they give you a choice of switches a number pad, a too small return key and no delete key at all? I really don't get some of the decisions they've made.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

What's wrong having a choice of switches and a backlight? It's US ANSI layout rather than UK ISO layout (in that picture anyway) - notice the left shift is longer and the return isn't J shaped. The delete / home etc keys are on the numberpad - you use the fn key 3 keys right of the space bar to access those.

I quite like the idea personally - I much prefer the size of TKL keyboards but also miss having a numberpad sometimes...

4. demonisch

demonisch What's a Dremel?

Absolutely useless for productivity, e.g. writing programming code. A lot of games (and left handed people) use the arrow keys instead of WASD.

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The missing keys can still be used, it's just you'll need to knock numlock off to use them.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Interesting enough idea. Plenty of people use boards like Pokers and such that lack arrow keys and a home cluster (or put them on a Fn level), same idea but with a numpad and F-keys.

7. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

****ing brilliant. I'd much rather have numpad than arrow keys on my TKL.

Not giving up my Filco, though.