1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li PC-A76 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 19 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. capmoq

capmoq What's a Dremel?

Decent looks, poor cooling performance, ridiculous price tag. Never understood people who would buy those Lian Li cases..

3. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

reminds me of film equilibrium. I'd rather mod and look at this case for the next 6 years than have a jerry can humvee in my room

4. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

That is one of those comments I really don't understand. :) I mean really. Would you clarify what do you mean>? What has the movie Equilibrium to do with the case? Jerry can- a device for carrying gasoline to distant locations? Humvee- a hammer-type jeep? It may look as if I am joking, but english is not my native language. I had to check that combination: "jerry can humvee" and I think I get where you hint at.

5. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Here you go.

[​IMG]

6. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

I prefer if my case looks more like a classy sports car than a military toolbox. what the movie has to do with case is that they have a similar sleek styling. I am not a fan of this film any more than say toy story, but they all have tidy clothes. this case is probably too straight laced for me but it's hell uva lot better than most realeases.

http://www.equilibriumfans.com/Equilibrium-stills-gallery-page18.htm

7. Sutura

Sutura What's a Dremel?

8. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

you have definately highlighted that a good case design is Very subjective.

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I don't really see how that is good case design, it is just a rectangular aluminium box. Don't get me wrong it looks nice (I own an equally boring fractal r3), but its hardly revolutionary.

10. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Water cooled quad SLI anybody?

11. leslie

leslie Just me!

Just another manufacturer stuck in the past.

In an age where you can put an I7, nice video card and 6tb of storage on a mini-ITX shoved in a shoebox, the days of needing cases like this have long been over except those rare few. How many are using more than a few drives (NAS anyone?)? How many are using a single, much less a pair of DVD's?

Cases like this are impressive in looks, but not much else.

12. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

personally i will always prefer Lian-Li from a mod point of view the materials used are top quality and have always appealed to the moders out there, they mentioned the case has room for watercooling but also has the facility to take cooling pipes out of the case, my honest opinion is that lian li have leaned this way for years provide rock solid quality chassis that users can modify and if not look visually stunning out of the box

I've always loved Asian minimalist design and this is a continuation of that to me it is beautiful to someone else it may not be but its all in the eye of the beholder

chassis for me have never really been part of my systems "performance" so to me its unfair to rate the case the same way you would other pc hardware

but as I've said its all user interpretation .. i can promise if you ever got your hands an a lian li the quality of the construction would blow you away

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

We're PC enthusiasts, the products we consume are generally not designed around 'need'. Aside from the need for a large case to house a full custom watercooling loop.

Optical drives are also not the only devices that use 5.25" bays. You have fan controllers, bay reservoirs, card readers etc.

Tags: Add Tags