1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dark Souls 2 revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 11 Dec 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

To quote Spongebob - "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!" - Although I don't mind that the gameplay might be a bit more straightforward and better explained than it was in the first game. I'm rather worried about how easy the lore will be to figure out because the first game was very much a big puzzle when it came to the characters, their motivations and just in general, the history of the world. Wouldn't STILL be playing it if it was just laid out on a red carpet for me to inhale like other games.

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm very excited as well, love Demon's and Dark Souls. They are both very confusing and vague games, even basic game mechanics are subject of debate on wikis a year later. Almost everything known about them is a result of discoveries from players. To my knowledge it's still not fully understood how armor values and weapon damage ratings interact with each other. As long as the world is still as deep and mysterious as the previous two I think Dark Souls 2 could benefit from being a little bit more obvious in its gameplay mechanics. Clearing upt the busywork so players can instead focus on the lore, NPCs, and environment.

4. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

yay! moar griefing plx!

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Interesting video primarily discussing the difficulty of Dark Souls, why it's critical to the game, and how removing that aspect would require fundamentally changing the game. Some of the topics around the 20 minute mark on are particularly relevant to the idea of a more "straightforward" sequel (note that it's from before this announcement).

Tags: Add Tags