1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft confirms Xbox One price and release date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 10 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Very very expensive launch price and no mention of storage capacity yet!

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Price of additional pad ? Price of a game (console game being more expensive than their pc counterparts) ? Without me microsoft ...

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Also the new Halo IS NOT due out on 5th November as is mentioned in the article!

That baby is coming next year.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The rumours of £250 were with a subsidised subscription, rumours that were dismissed pretty quickly. £429 is at the high end of estimates.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

thats about what I expected. They're packing in a Kinect as well so a fair bit of hardware there

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

499 Euros IS NOT 499 USD. Nor is 429 GBP. The differences are abismal! Are you sure it's not 599 USD? Even still, it's a rip off. Also, those prices must be without VAT.

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

8. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Can't wait :)

9. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

It's always the same. Something costs $400 in the US and it's usually £400 in the UK.

So the question now is whether the PS4 will be even more expensive or if they'll shock everyone and price it lower than the egg box?

10. rollo

rollo Modder

£429 is higher than I expected and no mension of game or pad costs could easily hit £600 for just 2 pads 2 games and console, add in your Xbox gold sub and your fast approaching £650.

All eyes on Sony now if its sub £350 they will blow them away, I expect it to be the exact same price for the record.

Also makes amazons 2 pad 2 games 1 console for £599 seem accurate enough. Wonder if that's the bargin pre order going at the moment.

Was expecting a subsidised price with rumours of sky and phone company's looking for a piece of the action. At those prices it will be a shock to many parents if they want one for Christmas.

11. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

At today's exchange rate, $499 = £320. Even taking into account that US prices don't include sales tax, £320+VAT is still only £385.
    True. Doesn't make it right though.
    Frankly, £400 for a console is too much, even if it does all the singing and dancing stuff that MS says it's going to do.

MS seem to have forgotten that we're in a recession, and most families won't be able to afford that much - remember that the 360 was only £280 when it launched in the UK, and we're looking at a new console that's almost £150 more.

12. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Amazon UK claim that XboxOne has more pre-orders registered than PSBore has.

Halo, TitanFall and KILLER INSTINCT!!!! What a launch, can't see Fony topping any of that even with a cheaper price of £300!

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I just wish Sony had the balls to launch the PS4 at £300 or so, it would work out in the long run but they probably want more money sooner rather than later.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

P3 launch price was £425 back in the day , xbox 360 was £279

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Extra tax for video games consoles ? The one PS3 avoided because it was sold as a computer because it could run Linux ?

Even with minimal salary, you are looking at half month salary to buy XBOX One. While it hurts, it is not that much either. I love when people complain "Windows costs too much", "XBOX costs too much", "XY costs too much" - and then go out on Friday and waste similar amount of money on booze, or smoke that money on cigarettes.

Different exchange rate back then as well, it was $599/€599. You don't have a luxury of that good exchange rate now.

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Not extra, VAT is sales tax charged on (almost) everything in the UK.
    And who can afford to drop 50% of their salary on anything, let alone a console?
    The US price for Xbox360 at launch was $399 not $599. Similarly, Euro pricing was €399.

17. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It's not 50% of anyone's salary, it's 1/26th of someone on a "low" salary.

18. faugusztin

OMG. There was an extra import tax on game consoles in EU, at least back in the time PS3 was launched (not sure if it still exists). VAT is not a sale tax, far from it; and no need to explain it to me, we have the same 20% VAT here in Slovakia as you in UK.

Put away 10% of your salary over the next 5 months ? Or 5% over the next 9 months and buy XBOX One few months late ? Don't tell me you can't save 50GBP per month (12.5GBP per week).

599$/€ price was for PS3.

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

aged 18 a full time job on mimimum wags you get £10395 , and you`ll pay a slittle tax and national insurance on that (not a lot though)

so all things considered , this would cost aroud 5% of your yearly wages , or around 50% of your monthly wages...

20. faugusztin

Oh and by the way, there is one more thing - warranty. In US XBOX has 1 year warranty, not sure about UK, but here in Slovakia it is 2 years, which is again something which unfortunately increases the price.

Tags: Add Tags