1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lenovo relegates Iomega brand to entry-level gear

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Compared to the first CD writers, which seemed to fail most of the time, Zip disks were pretty good. Until the disk with your un-backed up data died of course, then you went back to multiple 3.5" floppies.

3. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Zip drives were great during the days of 3.5 drives. I had an internal one and a couple of zip disks for backups and extra storage. They really helped fill the gap before CD burners became cheaper and reliable. Now USB sticks have overtaken the need to burn CDs/DVDs. Data storage and capacity has come a long way since the Zip drive.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Iomega were too grredy for a short time.
    Their ZIP-Disks were extremely expensive compared to burnable CD's.
    Had they lowered prices for the disks (not the drives!) they could have succeeded the floppy as standart drive.

5. Sub-particle 0.76

Sub-particle 0.76 What's a Dremel?

Haha I have that Zip drive. Bought it from the state no less from a Computer store ala PC World which is now no longer exist. Gave the drive to my brother but felt guilty about it after some time coz really, nobody is using it anymore even at that time circa 5-7 years ago.