1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li launches PC-Q35 NAS-centric chassis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Nov 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

Only 7? Once Samsung's M9T's become easily available I can see myself building one up with a hell of a lot more drives than that..now to find a pcie to sata card with enough ports.

3. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

They should have put in hot swap trays. Much better system, especially on a NAS box.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You can rip out the drive bay and stick in five 5.25" hot-swap bays, which will be nicely hidden behind the lockable door. Downside: that also gets rid of the only intake fan, so things could get a little toasty in there.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

7 drives on mini-ITX? Pretty sweet; my wife's P8H87-I has 6. That case isn't that small though.

EDIT: Oh it's got a graphics card spot..!? and it's not hot-swap. Uhh, jack of all trades..

6. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

lian li has tones of 5.25" to hotswap converter, even with fans ... so it's not an issue. Example: 3x 5.25" to 4x 3.5" with hotswap, 120mm fan and washable fan filter

[​IMG]

Lili also has 2x 5.25" to hotswap that would suite this case. they also sell hotswap backplane for there case. They prolly are the maker that provides the more accessories for there products.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2013