1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Obsidian 450D Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 25 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

When I first saw the 450D on a different site I was looking forward to Bit-Tech's review but with a sense of trepidation. The reason being that I have just updated my current system along with giving it a new home within a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and while I am super happy (I know, me 'happy' right?) with the Arc Midi I have also decided that when I build a complete new gaming system later this year that I would use the Corsair 250D and I felt a little 'Oops' moment coming as I do like things to match whenever I can and so the 450D alongside the 250D would look supreme.

However, after reading the full review I can honestly say that the trepidation has passed and I feel I avoided such an 'Oops'. I certainly agree that the 450D is an amazing case and deserving of all the high end components sure to be heading it's way in many future builds, but the few negatives such as lacking a fan controller and a significantly higher price serve to alleviate my fears. Overall, this is a fantastic case but I am still happy I choose the Arc Midi.

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

getting board of Corsair's uniform look across all there range. spice it up!
    that said im a massive fan of the 250D.

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think you hit the nail on the head there. It is a fantastic case but as I mentioned at the end, the Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 is just as good in many ways and a lot cheaper, although you do get what you'd expect with the 450D for your money - better water-cooling support and a more premium-feeling case.

With the 350D, 750D and 900D I'd certainly agree (these things are subjective of course and some people like this kind of look) but I do think the grille makes a big difference - in the flesh anyway :D

5. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Quite interested in the NZXT H440... As for water cooling - aren't most people using AIO's rather than custom loops - even here at BT?

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

We're *still* trying to get that damn case in :(

Tags: Add Tags