1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sims' same sex relationships gets 18+ Russian rating

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 May 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Number of people shocked by this = Zero.

Putin, while he seems to have tried his best to turn himself into a gay icon is a nasty little bigot.

Too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts:

[​IMG]

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

And I do my little turn on the Crimea
    Yeah, on the Crimea, on the Crimea, yeah
    I shake my little tush on the Crimea...

:p

Guinevere likes this.
  4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Guinevere, I'm disappointed you didn't post the shot of Putin with someones rod in hand. ;)

[​IMG]

5. Nexxo

Or his own...

[​IMG]

6. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Confused as to why not having a shirt on makes you gay/a gay icon.....

I can't see why anyone would be shocked by Russia's 18+ rating tbh. I mean it's Russia. I'm surprised other countries aren't doing it either to protect the fragile little minds of children, or some such nonsense.

7. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12 May 2014
  8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I don't think it's just the matter of not wearing a shirt, it's more to do with being shirtless combined with the unfortunate way the photos were taken.

And don't give other countries ideas :hehe: The UK already has measures in place to protect the fragile little minds of children, the last thing they need is encouragement to take things further.

9. DC74

DC74 Doh!

Fragile little minds haha! I agree with you there would always be some move somewhere to censor things governments don't want people to see and they use labels like `Protecting the Children'.

We live in the 21st century and there's the internet, kids aren't as fragile as we think or as daft they can get round just about anything, their minds are more adaptive than adults and can think out of the box more readily.

Putin's days are numbered, as soon as the world ramps up sanctions and isolates Russia I give it a year after that and he'll be gone probably by his own people giving a him a hand. No one in the west wants to start WWIII but he's pushing buttons to get a response, lets just hope he doesn't push the wrong one.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I hear Russia tried to annex part of the stage at Eurovision....

11. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

I heard that Russia have had a referendum on the Eurovision voting results & found that they won. 104% of the electorate turned out, of this 98% voted in favour the others went missing...... :p

Like banning things or restricting them has ever really worked. Generally means that they are wanted more.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I dunno, Eastenders is still on TV.

13. Nexxo

I think you don't understand how dictatorship works very well. See how well isolationism works for North Korea, for instance.

As soon as someone argues for segregation based on "cultural differences" I get the creeps. I mean, as a Dutchman I think that British culture is a bit f***ed up too, but you don't hear me arguing that the UK should be booted from the EU.

Cultural segregation usually ends up with ethnic cleansing or genocide somewhere down the line. I think that nations --and people-- learning to tolerate, and even respect each others' cultural differences and getting over themselves a bit is the only path to sane geopolitical interaction.

14. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Too bad going to war is easier than getting over themselves.

15. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

No need, most Brits are arguing for that already (and don't get me started on how stupid an idea that is :sigh:)
    I think most sensible people already think that. The problems start to arise when politicians get involved in the mix.

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

everytime I here that farrag bloke it makes me think of the movie `V for Vendetta`

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I really hate the idea of dividing Europe upon historical/cultural grounds.
    However there is a difference between intolerance/segregation based on cultural differences and policy of trading, cultural and sporting isolation due to unacceptable governmental backed discrimination within a given state.
    See South Africa during apartheid for example.

Cultural acceptance has it's limits.

Last edited: 12 May 2014
  18. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

You know things are getting serious when one of our possible sanctions is excluding them from Eurovision!

If that doesn't make Putin see the error of his ways, I suggest we take him off the Christmas card list.

Corky42 likes this.
  19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's the only way to be sure.

20. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

As a Brit who would rather be known as a citizen of the planet than one small island, I also think the UK is fµcked up. The biggest problem I see is that most people who want change don't vote for it. It's all about the politics, where the rich rule over the 99%.