1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA launches Xbox One games subscription service

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

I actually like this idea, my friend came round on the weekend and we wanted to play Fifa 14.

I went to purchase it, saw it was £50 and said *£!@ no not paying that much...

This makes it a lot more attractive, also Microsoft needs to sort out the Digital Download prices. Absolute ripoff, reminded me why I love PC. Proper pricing for games.

3. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm all for a subscription service that offers unlimited use of games within the service, providing the price isn't too far above that of Netflix and that it has a good selection with regular updates as games get released.

I'd say a good portion of PC services that provide Digital Download are just as obscenely priced as the consoles, e.g. Valve often has games marked up at the maximum prices (outside of sales) when they're only a fraction for the DVDs from a retailer.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That's why I don't use the Xbox Store for anything if I can avoid it, since they are stupidly priced same with Steam and Origin.

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It's a great idea and could REALLY change things if the first entry to the market gets it right. I'm surprised one of the big boys like Netflix hasn't got involved with it already; I guess it's more down to publishers and EA are perfectly placed with the catalogue and financial backing to try it.

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

My goodness, it's an idea that isn't actually ridiculous! I like it!