1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Metal Gear Online to début at The Game Awards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

16 players heh.
    on PC if I was in a server with 16 players I would consider that a dead and empty server

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Bigger != better

Some games benefit from lots of players, others simply don't. 64 player battles in a game like Halo would simply be rubbish, no idea why people keep pushing for it.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

More players is always better, it's glorious chaos. Even if it's not the ideal model (like in Counter Strike, TF2) the option to have it is preferable to not.

Speaking of Halo, I have always found the player count in Halo to be too small, 8v8 (Big Team Battle) just about plays acceptably, whilst other lists feel like playing empty maps. My biggest gripe with Titanfall was how empty matches felt even when 'full' it felt like there was space for at least 32 players on each map instead of 12, creeps are not an acceptable substitute!

5. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Err.. not for me, but as someone said above it depends on the game. When it comes to CS 5 a side is the sweet spot (forced in comp play anyhow).

6. rollo

rollo Modder

CS needs low team numbers to make the game anything but a spray and pray game. Battlefield 3/4 needs big numbers to fill the world. 2 Very different FPS games though.