1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware 2014: Year in Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 6 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I didn't realise what an influence BT had on me, I think I've bought about five or six products from the ones mentioned.

3. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

I bought the MSI GTX 970, and love it.

4. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I bought the Crucial MX100 in December, was trying to decide between 256GB and 512GB (got the former).
    Truth is, ever since Bit-Tech reviewed Crucial's SSD and gave it its approved seal I've been always prone to them. Also bought Creative Sound Blaster Arena headset some years ago also because of the great review.

The first tech site I come for when wanting to upgrade. Waiting to see the new APU series and how worthy are they, I will need one if I buy a new graphics card to take advantage of the PCI-E 3.0. (A10 6800K here with an A88X chipset).

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Me too, I think that was my most recent purchase. I've been looking for a new PSU lately but they don't seem to do the buyers guide any more :(

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hehe, I'm pretty sure my review was part of the reason that card sold out on or just after launch day :\ at least everyone agrees!

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Yep. Got my MSI GTX 970 based on the review. Best purchase of the year, for me :D

8. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

You should send me one as you're flush and I am not.

Or maybe to prepare you for being a father? Yeah I'll go with that - you should give it to me, so you get used to the selflessness that is going to be required of you when you're a father :D

9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

This.
    My first ever launch day purchase.

10. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Very probably ! I didn't manage to get one on launch as I was still waiting for pay day, when I eventually got paid Amazon were charging £20k for one ! so I managed to pick one up from a french e-tailer for slightly less than the rrp :)

Tags: Add Tags