1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone Sugo SG13 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 12 May 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Xir

Xir Modder

there's a lot of potential for a very compact and powerful system.
    there's a lot of potential for a very loud and dusty system

Fixed that :D

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Linus Tech Tips went a bit nuts and put a Titan X and an E5-2699V3 (18-core Haswell EX) in one of these. With an AIO cooler, it ran without any temperature issues, though obviously fitting everything in was a bit of a squeeze to assemble.

This is a REAL SFF case. Not the sort of sillyness (like the Bitfenix Prodigy) that are larger than many mATX cases.

4. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

@edzieba - entirely agree with you. While there are plenty of small mITX cases along the lines of the SG13 (I have an SG05 on order right now), the Ncase M1 is still remarkable in that it's layout has yet to be duplicated on a reasonable budget by any case manufacturer I know, unless I'm missing something, of course... I would love one of those things, but not at that price. Make a low-cost steel version, I'm in!

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

this vs Corsair 250D?

Last edited: 12 May 2015
  6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

But if I were choosing one I would have to have severe space limitations before I went with the SG13 over the 250D

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Ah... it looks similar at a glimpse lol

8. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Exactly ! I bought a Lian-Li PC-V353 and put it on my Ikea drawer (the same one used for the Ikea DIY render farms), because it was too big to stay on my desk.

What shocks me is that The Lian-Li is almost the same size than the 250D, while being an mATX case
    • Lian-Li PC-V353: (W) 288mm / (H) 286mm / (D) 397mm
    • Corsair Obsidian 250D: (W) 277mm / (H) 290mm / (D) 351mm
    [​IMG]

9. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Did you look at the the V354? I think that is smaller.

10. jbvertexx

jbvertexx What's a Dremel?

Terrible review. I have built many systems based on the SG05, and it can house quite a powerful system for probably the smallest Mini-ITX case on the market that can fit a full length graphics card. I've never had any cooling issues.

This case is clearly intended either to (1) use an AIO liquid cooler or (2) use an SFX PSU which would allow for a slightly larger cooler. Primarily #1.

I understand the desire to compare cases on equal terms, but this was designed for AIO - you could have at least built it with that config and reported results.

For the $$, this case almost can't be beat in terms of value and performance in the smallest of mini-ITX cases.

11. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I was considering the V354 when I changed my rig, mostly because the V353 was discontinued. But I found one for very cheap on Amazon (70€) that it was a no brainer. I really like the look of the 353 and it has the exact same footprint as my Ikea drawer.

Last edited: 16 May 2015
  12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The Thermaltake Core v1 is better than this, despite costing basically exactly the same. It has the PSU at the bottom, complete with dust filter, yet also take a 145mm CPU tower cooler and a full length GPU (seriously, it fits a 7950 with Sapphire's TriX cooler).

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

So, err, you're paying the same price for a fraction of the materials and impaired design? Great.

Tags: Add Tags