1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tesoro announces Thyrsus MOBA mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 26 Jun 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

"the mouse features six buttons on its left-hand edge for easy access by the thumb of the left hand"

I don't know about you but I'd personally use my right thumb for that sort of thing rather than reaching across. Just saying...:eyebrow:

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

So, Dionysus... Is this the god that Tyrion wanted to pray to, "the god of tits and wine"?

Anyway, back on topic, still prefer my Naga, okay maybe some of the side buttons are less accessible than others and to be honest I don't need all of them anyway. But it does have a nice feel to it and a nice weight, the dpi setting do freak some folk out though.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Whoopsie! Fixed, ta!

Yup. Known to the Romans as Bacchus, from which we get the word 'bacchanalia' meaning 'drunken party' which may or may not include orgies.

5. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

So what's a baccalaureate then, a drunk poet?

6. Gareth Halfacree

Fun one, that: when you earn your baccalaureate degree, it's a cause for a celebration - and because, traditionally, Greek scholars were single men, that meant a bacchanalia - giving us the 'bacca' part of the baccalaureate. The laureate part, meanwhile, comes from the awarding of a wreath made of bay leaves - bacca laurel - making you one who has a laurel, or a laureate. Thus, you get a laurel and celebrate by getting pished: baccalaureate. Remember that the next time someone tries to impress you by sticking B.A or B.Sc after their name!

(Yeah, the link to bacchanalia is a false cognate: baccalaureate simply means a laureate of the bay leaf. Fun false cognate, tho', innit?)

Last edited: 26 Jun 2015