1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer offers Ouya devs a new deal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 29 Jul 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yes... because when you're about to commit your company to spending (potentially) millions of pounds, due diligence isn't really necessary... :rolleyes:

What a crock of sh!t.

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I think it's more to do with buy it quick before it goes belly up and your rivals get the market share on offer. Razer seem to be smart enough to realise you need the Devs, and the new deal looks to be quite good.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

1. I was under the impression that when you bought a company you bought their obligations
    2. Their new contract is "quite as bad as it sounds" since as a dev, you will only be looking to sell through Cortex (effective exclusivity) until your first 30k has been made. Okay, if you hit this figure in three weeks, you're no longer tied in, but who in their right mind isn't going to sell through one storefront until your commitments have been met? Why dilute it?

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I read it that cortex essentially buy stock off the devs to sell on to customers. Devs will only see further payment when that stock is exhausted.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

1. When you buy the company yes, unless you can get the previous owner to agree to keep a hold of the liabilities (good luck). But what if you don't buy the company, but instead buy everything that the company owns? Then what if the old company folds?

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Was not aware razer had brought the company. Thought they just brought the assetts in which case any deal offered is better than no cash at all. Razer where smart when they did this purchase. If the terms I've read is accurate.