1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Darkest Dungeon Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 29 Jan 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Yeah I agree with the review 100%. I found they just kept increasing the difficulty as it progressed through EA. I reinstalled it to see how the game turned out after rage quitting a few months prior. Even worse now. Don't get me wrong though, the game is actually awesome but they just went too far with it. Extremely frustrating to play.

It is really bad for those XCOM style dice rolls too. If you got a 90% chance to hit, what that really means is you have a 50% chance to miss. The straw that broke the camels back for me was when fighting some skeletons I had the front two stunned, STUNNED. Used Zealous Accusation with a 95% chance to hit (hits the front two guys for holy damage) and both stunned mobs dodged! What!?

Not recommended. Causes more stress than your ingame characters receive.

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Ok after spending a lot more time with this game I decided to change my mind. I somehow went from hating the RNG nature to loving it. I don't know why, maybe it was the music (which is outstanding). I still don't fully agree with some of the mechanics as I made an example of above, but honestly that is fairly rare for something that extreme to happen (mechanics wise that is). Careful planning of your every move is a must.

Recommended if it appeals to you. Check some videos of it first (i recommend northernlion or baertaffy).

Tags: Add Tags