1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Quantum Break Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 12 Apr 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Love to play it, but I'm STILL waiting for my pre-order code that said and quote "sent out on the week of the 5th April"

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Really like the idea of a game that plays with fractured time and the possibilities for interesting game play that comes from that, when i read Quantum Break uses a third-person view along with the de rigueur cover system and worst yet regenerating health, those game mechanics put me right off it.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

6. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

So, where's the shiny recommended badge?

7. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

Nice review, thnx. :)

When ever you write in a review, that it takes so-and-so many hours to complete the game you´re reviewing, which level of difficulty are you playing on?

I´m only a casual gamer, but sometimes, when I read a review of a game i own, I realize, that either I´m an extremely lousy gamer and you are quite the opposite, or you play at a lower level than I do.

I always turn the settings all the way up no matter what, to extend the life of the game as much as possible.

But then it´s absolutely impossible to finish tha game even in a fraction of your time.

Are you always at "Easy" or equivalent in order to be able to write the review in time?

8. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I usually play on Normal. When reviewing a game I try to play it as close to what most people will experience, so I'll play it on Normal and where possible avoid any pre-order DLC, mods or other items.

One note though is that I'm probably no better than anyone here at a game, but I am very very familiar with the language of games, which means that I very rarely get stuck on a puzzle for example, because I've often seen 6-7 different variations in other games. Similar with weapons and combat: i've done it a lot playing so many games (i don't just review here, for example) and so I tend to pick up the finer details quite a bit faster than most.

@Somidiot: No recommended badge, if you're not bothered about the world it's probably not worth one, and while my review is subjective (and always should be) I try to award shiny badges objectively as a thing I'd recommend to everyone. Does that make sense?

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've often wondered myself how reviewers get through games so quickly. COD MW2 took me about 8 hours on the easiest setting. I have terrible reactions due to medication I take. However, I didn't die once and it was all in one sitting. Yet reviewers say they could complete it in just over four hours. I never understood how that was possible.

MW2 had no puzzles and you had to wait for it and couldn't rush it.

Edit. Forgot the URL now but I actually found a website that has average completion times on it a couple of weeks back.

10. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

@ Jake Tucker: Yes of course, that makes sense. Thanx.

11. gw74

gw74 What's a Dremel?

marks out of 10?

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Was it HLTB? (https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19853) We use that to work out how many streams a game will take. It's pretty useful!

I actually really enjoyed QB, but I know there will be a lot of bad stuff around social media now because AJ has done a review on it and kept tweeting how bad it was. I used to like his reviews, but he's not the sharpest tool in the box and his fanbase believe all the stuff he gets wrong /sigh

Tags: Add Tags