1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer launches Turret 'Lapboard,' Mouse combo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Apr 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

Surely if the magnets are strong enough to stop the mouse sliding off then they will cause an uncomfortable amount of friction when the mouse is being used?

3. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

For someone stuck without a real desk (coffee table in front of the sofa in front of the PC) that looks... interesting.

^Same worries about the magnets though.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'd be more worried that it costs £150 and is made by Razer meaning it will last about six months.

5. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

is it chroma or green backlit only? can only see green and no mention of chroma. absolutely outrageous pricing as normal. If its not chroma expect that to be in a revision next year...

6. Hex

I agree with you on some things (their controllers for instance), but I'm still using my Diamondback Plasma LE from about 2005. I want a new mouse but it's not broken so I can't justify one yet!

7. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Another Diamondback user here - it's lasted me forever. All the other razer stuff I've bought has been shite and lasted not even six months. I have a box of about 10 mice which I keep adding to.

It's a pain - nothing else feels as nice or responsive, to my hand at least.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If I were designing it, I'd have the magnets round the edge of the mousing surface so that they do nothing in normal use but 'catch' the mouse if it slips towards any of the edges. Not saying that's what Razer has done here, but it's what I'd do.
    No Chroma support, as far as I'm aware.

9. Hex

They're good meeces. They released an anniversary edition of the Diamondback, I'm kind of tempted, but can't imagine it'll last as well as this one has. Planned obsolescence makes that kind of thing not really happen as much any more :(

10. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

My mouse from 2009 and 2014 Blackwidow are still kicking butt. And my old copperhead and their old $50 no lighting keyboard still work as well. Never had a bad product from them.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The only product of theirs I've had that still works is my Boomslang 2007.

12. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I had an Imperator and it just... no no. I've since gotten a Corsair M95. Getting myself a "no regerts" tattoo dedicated to it.

13. cowtc

cowtc What's a Dremel?

+1 for Diamondback mouse had mine for years but the plastic on the buttons is rubbing off