1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Homefront: The Revolution review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 20 May 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Real shame that they couldn't quite deliver the goods on this one, things were looking quite promising on the lead-up to the game's release. I was quite hopeful for this one as I've been looking for a good campaign shooter to play through...
    Hopefully they can sort out some of the issues, like the gun behaviour, with patches to make it gain a few more points in its favour.

It might still be one worth picking up, just not until it's got a more reasonable price tag from a sale.

3. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Honestly, I'll play a lot more of it and there's a ton of good ideas. It's just hard to recommend an FPS game where the shooting is terrible.

4. leslie

leslie Just me!

Misremembering Homefront? Nope. Not in the least.

Single player (the focus of the game) lasted a whole 3 hours (6 if you played slow) and consisted of almost completely guided game play, lots of cut scenes, and I think more doors are killed than people (you kick A LOT of doors). Kicking doors in Homefront became such a joke that there is a Youtube montage of all the doors kicked, it's a lot of doors for a 3 hour game.

It looked great, but it was a terrible game.

Multi-player was decent, however it too was severely hamstrung on release. While MP got better in time, by that point most people just wanted to forget how much they had spent on it.

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Haven't played any of these games. Doesn't sound like i'm about to either.

Tags: Add Tags