1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LiquidSky to launch free-to-play cloud gaming platform

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Jan 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Well that’s a surprise – I wonder how they will implement the adverts and also how much they will pull in from the adverts? I could see it going either way as it will obviously now pull people in who were on the fence due to cost before, but then equally people like me who are currently subscribing would be tempted to downgrade to the free model so they would earn less

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I'm guessing they somehow "pause" the game stream and stream to you an advert.

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Could be a dying companies last ditch attempt at generating a revenue stream, or a growing companies attempt to build a user base.

I hope they survive, it would be real nice to be able to try top tier (big 'if' there!!) games with a zero cost, zero install option.

5. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Apparently you watch some videos (1-6 mins) and then it lets you play for an hour - going paid stops the adverts and lets you use a higher spec machine it seems