1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte Z270N-Gaming 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 17 May 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's nice apart from the fact it honks "orange" and has RGB LED. That is confusing to me. Why tie it to a certain colour combo if you can pretty much light it up any colour you desire?

It would look lovely in an orange and black build though.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I doubt you'll be able to see any of the orange trim once you've filled the board up with GPU, Ram & heatsink.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Was between this and the Z270 Strix for a while. Settled on the Asus for the more understated look, dual M2 slots and better rear IO connectivity.

Only complaint I have is the god-awful fan header locations. Literally impossible to get to once you install any hardware!

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

It's a tricky call but I'm a little more in favour of going with some sort of colour. The all-black of the MSI ITX board is a little too bland tbh and a splash of colour really helps to boost the aesthetics. I agree about the addition of RGB, though, as as soon as you add colour you lose the colour neutrality so colour matching goes out the window.

6. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

yeah I'll second this; the AIO "fan" header is almost impossible to get to even before installing anything else; I had to resort to using long needle-nosed pliers to plug that in!

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Yep, which is an ironic oversight as it's the AIO that completely covers it:

[​IMG]

No chance!

Fan headers should ALWAYS be either on the right hand or bottom edges of a motherboard - IE as far away as possible from any cooler or fans.

Tags: Add Tags