1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews In Win 101 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 19 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read More

2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I actually own one, IMO I don't think you'll find a better made more versatile chassis for your money - The case itself is chassis only admittedly, however would you prefer it came with the obligatory cheap fans (that other manufacturers provide and 99% of people never use) for the sake of a review?

Secondly, God only knows how you had issues breaking the side panels Matt, it's hardly rocket science o_O :rolleyes:

My build, just for the record - that's a front and backed 240 AIO with one of the longest GPU's on the market, no issues there either...

[​IMG]

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

That's a really good looking case. Is the LED easy enough to switch off or not connect?

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

The LED runs directly off a PSU SATA connection, it's simply a case of not connecting it if that's your preference.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Jul 2017
  5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

How thick is the glass though? It wasn't something I used to consider but after smashing a side panel in an 805 it's been on my mind. The 805's glass is hilariously thin and fragile. The mounting system wasn't that great either, so it accidentally slipped when installing it and clipped part of the case, the whole thing just shattered in my hands. I couldn't believe it as I'd used so little force, it was literally only its own weight from about 1cm up whilst I was holding it.

That said InWin were really efficient and I could purchase a new panel very quickly, was in my hands within a week, mighty impressive given it was just before Christmas.

6. hansdampf

hansdampf What's a Dremel?

i think i read somewhere its fairly thin. Like 2.8mm, dont nail me on that number though.

7. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

That would make sense to me, the 805 has similar thickness. Not sure I feel so comfortable below 4mm now, but it's maybe a bit much to expect that on a budget chassis.

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

It's officially listed as 3mm Alex, without digging out my digital calipers (which I've yet to find since moving home lol) I couldn't be 100% on that - The In Win site states that full plexi and steel versions will available to order also.

9. hansdampf

Can you remove the thumb screws and push pins without breaking them? Its what im not digging about this case and i would make my own.

10. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

The thumb screws with ease yes, the push pin mount you could modify - however the issue you have there is you would have to facilitate say threaded blocks and mount those to the case instead if you were using screws or if using magnets you'd also still need something to mount them on.

11. hansdampf

Yeah that was the plan, the question was just if the screws and pins can be removed without breaking them.

Is there a big gap between the window and the frame. Asking because id like to seal the case a little more.

12. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

About 2mm either side left/right, zero top/bottom.

13. Lorenzmoll

Lorenzmoll What's a Dremel?

Hmm, I wasn't aware the gap is that wide:/

14. hansdampf

Not that much of an issue though, some self-sticking foam rubber should do the trick.

15. Lorenzmoll

Lorenzmoll What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the tip, duly noted!

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This! I've done this twice to my 805! All it takes it a little touch at the corner and it shatters. Really annoying. Metal edged + padded is the only answer.

Tags: Add Tags