1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung revives Canonical's convergence dream with Linux on Galaxy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 19 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Might be cool, its current Desktop OS is a bit clunky.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

This looks less like Ubuntu's implementation (same OS for both phone and 'PC mode'), and more like the 2011 vintage Motorola Atrix 4g, which ran Android as the phone OS and a separate Linux build as the 'PC OS' when docked into desktop dock or the 'lapdock' (laptop shell).

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Considering that samsung hasn't yet released their bixby AI thing and their other OS tizen is apparently a massive piece of **** riddled with holes and bugs I won't be holding my breath on this.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Aye, I mention the difference 'twix the two approaches towards the end of the article:

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It's biggest problem will be performance, the S8+ just doesn't seem powerful enough for all the crap that Samsung puts on it, and the station is bloody useless of you have a Samsung case on it, fancy designing your accessories to be incompatible with each other, muppets! no convenience at all.

Tags: Add Tags