1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus unveils Strix AM4 mini-ITX motherboard pair

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

So they're expected to be in stock in ~10 days, but they won't disclose pricing?

Prepare your anuses, Asus are going in dry... basically.

Doesn't stop me wanting one, though - the bastards!

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Do want. Price? Obscene probably, but then mega-ITX rigs are my fave.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Well, these look tasty, but I have a horrid feeling that they are going to be brutally expensive :(

Shame that these are six months too late, though. Ridiculous that we've had to wait so long for Ryzen mITX boards from one of the biggest board manufacturers out there. Where have these boards been?

Oh, and (semi-ironic) props to Asus for finally adopting a proper naming convention for USB 3.1 on their website for these boards - USB 3.1 Gen 1 and Gen 2 is actually useful, whereas when I was looking at Z170/Z270 boards at the start of the year they insisted on referring to "USB 3.1" and "USB 3.0" despite some boards having USB 3.1 Gen 1 and others Gen 2 (and let's not get started about "USB-C"). Confusing, and annoying, so well done for finally using clearer nomenclature, Asus.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It still slightly bothers me how they include Wi-Fi with many other models, but not with the Crosshair VI Hero, which was their top board at the time. Instead, you now have the Crosshair VI Extreme, and even a Crosshair VI Hero/Wi-Fi-AC, or whatever it's called. The slot is even there, and so are the punch holes on the IO shield. ASUS being ASUS, it was too expensive to include with the board...

Rant over! I am glad to see some more ITX boards finally surface. We all know they are going to be costly, but then again, when hasn't ITX cost a fortune for top-tier boards?

6. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I'm itching to do a Ryzen ITX rig when I next upgrade. More ITX options is only a good thing.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Think I'll wait until Easter-ish for the B450/X470 boards needed to use Ryzen "Pinnacle" CPUs to the fullest.

I'm hoping for MATX or ITX with stuffs like no onboard video outs (who needs those for gaming?), optical S/PDIF out & USB3.1 Gen 2 header (as seen on Threadripper boards)

Tags: Add Tags