1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews South Park: The Fractured but Whole Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 20 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I am really enjoying this. Very, very much. Even though I am not quite sure what it does yet I am really getting some serious laughs out of crapping in all of the toilets. I was rolling around laughing when I got to Jimmy's house, and realised it was a disabled toilet and thus very hard. I was laughing so much I kept messing it up and breaking the poo in half instead of the perfect pinch.

Very childish but my god, very very funny. I have skim read a lot of reviews (don't want spoilers) and some are complaining it's too similar to the original. Thing is I loved the original, the only complaint I had was that it was too short. They have changed the combat in this one, added classes etc and apparently it lasts twice as long. That is all I could have hoped for, more of the same.

So consider me very happy and very content that this game came out this year because nothing else has really made me want to play like this. Oh, and the small touches too (like the No Drones sign on Craig's house) made me cry with laughter also. What a funny episode that was !

It's strange because I stopped watching SP a few years ago. I thought it had ran its course and was getting a bit crap. However, someone told me the other day that the last couple of seasons have been really good and they were right. There are some real gems in the latest eps. The drone ep (and Craig's mom's very hairy body part) had me rolling. I think sometimes they get carried away with politics and things going on in the USA that make no sense to us here in the UK and thus some of the eps can be a bit crap. It's when they go back to the basics like they did with the drone ep that it is genuinely hilarious.

So yeah, if you liked the original and want some more? this is the game to get. Sorry for writing a mini review there (not wanting to take anything from yours) but this is the first game in "I don't know how long" that has me generally enthused to be a gamer again.

3. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

glad someones loving it :)

Without any spoilers... is Mr Hanky in it?

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Not sure yet. I have only played 2.5 hours and I've been taking it slow as the crapping in the toilet thing kinda swayed me haha. Not had time to play it since, will get back on the case tomorrow :)

Tags: Add Tags