1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NeoGAF shuttered following sexual assault allegation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 23 Oct 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. rpsgc

rpsgc Minimodder

"victims of abuse related to the GamerGate movement"

I see bit-tech is also (still) pushing the "GAMERGAITE IS EVIL AND IS KEELING PEOPLZ AND RAPING WYMINZ!!!!" narrative.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bless. Have a re-read. Note that I wrote:

"victims of abuse related to the GamerGate movement"

Note also that I *didn't* write:

"victims of abuse perpetrated by those self-identifying as members of the GamerGate movement"

nor:

"victims of abuse perpetrated by those self-identifying as being against the GamerGate movement"

You, however, instantly and without hesitation took it to mean "victims of abuse perpetrated by those self-identifying as members of the GamerGate movement." I want you to take a little while and think about what that knee-jerk reaction says, both about you and about the movement with which you have chosen to align yourself.

.//TuNdRa and Pliqu3011 like this.
  4. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

If the natural response to a story around sexual abuse is to try to defend the GamerGate movement, what does that say about said movement?

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Absolutely nothing.

It simply shows that some gamers are very jumpy when it comes to certain topics as they have been been attacked once too often by journalists and moral busybodies.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Malka's behaviour being at odds with the image he was trying to culture hasn't exactly been news for years. It's a shame it took until now before anyone took any of it seriously.

7. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

The place was nothing but a hangout for millenial snowflake SJW types anyway.

...won't be missed.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

The site itself was a heavily Moderated mess - Any opinion that even tangientally opposed that of the moderators was swiftly banned with no recourse, despite that; it had some fantastic content uploaded there, ranging from leaks to a downright amazing screenshot thread.

Ultimately; it's a shame that such content will have to find a new home, but if the owner is genuinely as guilty as things seem to Imply; I don't feel the slightest bit of Sympathy for him, after all of his virtue signalling; he seemingly turned out to be as bad as those he claimed to decry.

Tags: Add Tags