1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Uber hit by 57 million record data breach

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Nov 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The problem is, Uber is so much better than every other option in London.. and the stupid thing is, no matter how badly they do stuff like this - I will still use them regardless.

I used to have to carry £30 spare to get home after 12, now I need £8 and a phone. That difference is worth the associated hassle with stuff like the above.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Chris_Waddle likes this.
  4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

So after they lied about the breach for a year they expect us to believe that?

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whereas for me getting home after a night out on the lash would cost me ~£15 in an uber [last i saw] comapred with £8 in a hackney [possibly less if i have the forethought to pre-book a private hire at the beginning of the night].

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

As a fellow Londoner, I fully agree. I will prioritise cycling/public transport where possible, but for some journeys Uber is really the only realistic option for my budget. As someone who also travels a lot, the fact that I can just use the same app all over the place is brilliant, especially when you're in countries where local cab services are less than honest (rigged meters, etc.).

7. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

You can come to that conclusion when you include mega corporations with zero morals and disgusting business practices.

When uber take over there's always collateral damage, just because app based 'get me from a to b' services are the future doesn't mean we should throw our principles out the window because the biggest and nastiest company is prepared to hurt others to make our lives easier.

It is possible to live a full life while remaining true to one's principles.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"These are my firmly held principles, and if you don't like them I have others."

Seriously, though, I agree. I've never once used Uber, even when it was running a "first ride free" promotion, because it's an absolute dumpster fire of a company.

9. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Yeah, because I'm sure these hackers are trustworthy and won't have kept the data anyway. No, sir.

10. Gareth Halfacree

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Tags: Add Tags