1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 15 Mar 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I've been playing this with a couple of friends and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It surprises me about what you mention about combat - I've not played V1 for a while, but I didn't fire up V2 at any point and think/notice it's changed.

It's a shame there isn't a Vs mode like in L4D, and while it's always going to be compared to L4D personally I find them different, the same way TF2 isn't BF. While zombie apocalypse L4D isn't exactly funny, I've always had a laugh playing it. Vermitides on the other hand are a much grittier afair, still with the odd laugh.

3. Bitten

Bitten What's a Dremel?

"Hence you can potentially lose a huge amount of progress and have to restart the whole mission from the lobby."

But... but... isn't that fun?

Whenever I ask for at least an optional quicksave ability, the real serious manly hardcore double-throwdown uber-gamers jump in to scoff. Devs are apparently impressed by that and forget that many of us are SP tourists. Especially those of us with $$. We don't have the time to become good at any one of these games, and certainly no time to waste repeating stuff over and over. I want to play at MY comfort level which means save before tough encounters and get through the game, seeing all it can offer in the short time bits I can manage. Quicksave greatly increases the fun for me, and the replay value.

An enable/disable for QS can be on the 'difficulty selection' screen. You don't want 'Easy', you don't choose it. You don't want QS, you don't enable it. How hard is that? But QS disappeared with the console port invasion and now everyone leaves it out.

As a result I play very few action games any more; almost none without a demo. What used to be fun is now just frustrating.

Tags: Add Tags