1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 31 Jul 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Yeah, the VRM throttling should not be a deciding factor against buying this as those that pay this amount for a Mobo are unlikely to be serious overclockers, if at all, and those that are serious about overclocking are just trying to be clever cheapskates if they go for a B450 board, in which case, you'll get no sympathy from me if it doesn't work out for you, get an X470, like you're supposed to for that sort of thing :)

3. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I'm impressed that they've managed to make such a sleek-looking PCB while also covering it in all that extra crap they've stuck on it!

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Glad you agree - we were in two minds but thought it best to mention both points of view and not slate it because, as you say, it's not going to be an issue for everyone.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

While it doesn't matter to many, it would be unfair to any other mainboard manufacturer that happens to do a better job.

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Absolutely, so we'll be keeping a close eye on this on all board reviews from now on. Incidentally, it seems we weren't alone in our findings as many other sites have found the VRM temps to be very high on this particular board.

7. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Very timely review. I have been eyeing the B450 line for the past week for the wife's replacement computer. As for the application the board looks solid, but despite that it likely will never be overclocked, there is some part of me that cringes away from the board as it is limiting one of AMD's strong features.

8. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

surprised it does not have DP port, but most i would guess would be using DVI monitor at this price point or b e using a video card if they are not using a G ryzen CPU

but the bigger issue is lack of USB ports technically only 2 ports (keyboard and mouse use 2 by default) + 1 USB C port witch nothing uses (and unless that port is flush with the IO plate it might not even be useable )

not an overclocking mobo (even if it lets you) so should not expect much and get the X470 mobo

majority of people don't want to overclock and some even go out of there way to avoid the intel K CPUs as they think they are only meant for overclocking and attempt to use the Box cooler,, one streamer i taken me 3 days to convince him Not to use the crap stock cooler that comes with the non K 8700 cpu as wanted stock system but did not believe me that that cooler is meant for i3 dual core cpus and will thermal throttle with a 8700 cpu quite quickly and he got 2133 ddr ram when he should of got a 3200 XMP ram, he streams and games on the same PC

Tags: Add Tags