Reviews The 10 Best Immersive Sims Ever

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Apr 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Can't argue with anything on that list really except Hitman, that franchise has just never resonated with me, I don't mind limited stealth sections in games but not games built entirely around the mechanics of it, just too much trial & error, rinse & repeat, for my tastes.

I'm glad Prey is on there, I played through it for the first time a couple of months ago and came very close to giving up early on, so tough I found it, but I stuck with it and so glad I did. Once you start playing the game in the manner it was intended, it just suddenly clicked and the resource management no longer tested my patience. I also wholeheartedly agree with the top choice, Dishonored 1 & 2. Loved playing them both. I'm sure there are ways of defeating the levels that will never occur to me, no matter how many times I play through them.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

No Carnivores 2? I'm out.

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

"Immersive sim"? I've been gaming for a long time, but that's the first i've ever heard a 1st or 3rd person action game be described as a "sim"...

Also, Bioshock was pants, always has been, always will be. It seems to get a free pass because of it's aesthetic and design, but from a pure-gameplay front, it was crap. (my opinion, of course)

edzieba likes this.
  5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Yeah, I'd have though an 'immersive sim' would be a sim game with diegetic presentation (e.g. Steel Batallion, or Wolfpack) as opposed to a 'disembodied sim' like Civilisation or Command & Conquer.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The common thread among the games listed (only exception being Hitman which is basically a Sandbox) seems to be... decent games that are more intelligent than the average CoD or Anthem?

So pretty much any decent game could have qualified?

7. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I tried Prey for a couple of hours but there was nothing that made me want to continue unfortunately. Could not be bothered with being suspicious of every inanimate object!

Tags: Add Tags