News AMD unveils Ryzen 3 3100 and 3300X CPUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 22 Apr 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

You can spoil every little detail about it if you yourself never signed the NDA.

bawjaws and adidan like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You weren't under an NDA.

bawjaws likes this.
  4. IamSoulRider

IamSoulRider Minimodder

"It makes it the world's first and only mainstream chipset with compatibility for the format"

Huh? X570 is a mainstream chipset that has PCIe 4.0. Did you mean to say a world's first "Budget PCIe 4.0 chipset" because first mainstream is definitely not accurate.

Why has bit-tech started adding this type of hyperbole in articles? It looks unprofessional and makes it come across as a simple copy pasta of a press release, rather than an article written by a knowledgeable journalist about the press release.

I can read copy pasta's anywhere, I come to bit-tech for the insightful and sometimes snarky commentary on the press release. Are you trying to drive us away by being just another press release spewing site?

Last edited: 23 Apr 2020
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Nope, Xx70 is the entheusiast chipset

Bx50 is the mainstream chipset

Ax20 [if they bother, they didn't with the 400 series] would be the budget chipset.

Though given the existence of the oem-only B550A [which iirc is B450 with PCI-E 4.0 enabled in AGESA] you could still argue B550 isn't the first mainstream pci-e 4.0 platform.

Guest-44638 and adidan like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You seem to have got yourself wound up for no reason.

As @RedFlames says, the Bx50 is the mainstream chipset, the Xx70 is enthusiast.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You were beaten to it by days fella. Tech Yes covered it ages ago.

Personally I am not excited at all. Mostly because it's all a bit of an oxy moron. It's like "Hey, spend £180 on a CPU and cheap board, then spend the same on a PCIE4 SSD !".

And I am not excited about the CPUs either. Not with the 1600AF around. They're shooting themselves in the foot AMD stylee.

And B550 has been around for ages. Quite a few Pootubers realised they were in a certain Best Buy desktop forever ago. Asrock, IIRC.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Only thing it offers over cheap B450 is PCIE4. Which right now is pointless for AMD GPUs. That means that you spend £180 on a board and CPU combo and then around the same for a decent PCIE4 SSD. Do you see what I'm getting at dude?

Put it like this, I just built a £4500 rig by the time I was all done and I avoided PCIE gen 4 SSDs as they would have made no difference at all.

About the best we can hope for is a new Strix and a couple of new Aorus. But the phases and everything else won't have changed much. It may just mean more, which was never a bad thing I suppose.

9. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

The 3300x sounds really promising.

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

If the b550 costs much the same then why wouldn't you, also it seems AMD are wiring some cheap gpus thaty might pair with a chip like this for 8 lanes so doubling PCIe bandwidth helps particularly if you bought ultra low end with small vram

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rade...pecials/PCI-Express-3-vs-PCI-E-4-GPU-1339415/

Tags: Add Tags