1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI P4N Diamond & Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 29 Jul 2005.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Good article, deffo gave a good comparison between Intel setups, and showed the strengths and weaknesses of each possible upgrade :)

One of my pet peeves, though:
    Just a pet peeve of mine :p

Last edited: 30 Jul 2005
  3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Well written (except for the above typo, which drives me nuts, too)! I must say, I think I'll stick with A64 for now, being as it is much more OC capable. But, first generation and all, I can't really fault NVidia.

The interesting thing that I see is that 8phase power option from Gigabyte. I think I'm going to look up how this works, but in the article you make it sound almost like they've incorporated speedstep through power control. An interesting idea, to be sure, and one that I think I like the sound of.

And I know that as a new overclocker, the world is a little daunting, but is anyone else getting worried about the plethora of "private" to "commander" options and crap? Honestly, OCing isn't rocket science, but if you are new and unaware enough to need to use these tools instead of doing it yourself, you probably should just go hit a forum and read up a bit...I mean, we ARE talking about voiding warranties on $200+ items, and I don't think Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, etc, will pay for a new chip for those who don't know what they're doing, even if that person uses their tools.

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

[typo] the GA-8N SLI Royal has connectors the two IDE channels supported by the NVIDIA chipset [/typo]

Shame i cant afford an upgrade, id definately go for one of these boards.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry, that's what happens when you type a 3000 word document too fast and spell check doesnt pick it up.

It's not speedstep, it's just extra power regulation. Gigabyte have had UDPS tech for a few generations now.

I wouldnt say id get an NF4 SLI Intel, if i wanted Intel i'd get and Intel chipset and if i wanted SLI i'd buy an AMD.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

Thanks eagle eyes - I've corrected the typo's now. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags