bit-tech.net Forums

bit-tech.net Forums (http://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php)
-   Magazine Discussion (http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Has it ever been done? (http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=198995)

simeonipicker 3rd Dec 2010 11:58

Has it ever been done?

Has the mag ever done a chair labs test?

It may sound strange but I've been searching for a decent leather chair as I spend long periods of time at my computer and there is just loads to choose from..

Regards

bagman 3rd Dec 2010 15:25

+1 to this i would be interested in what the ideal gaming chair would be

Lizard 3rd Dec 2010 15:51

It's been talked about but never done... until now.

If enough people express interest in this thread then I'll certainly consider doing one.

simeonipicker 3rd Dec 2010 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizard (Post 2501546)
It's been talked about but never done... until now.

If enough people express interest in this thread then I'll certainly consider doing one.

James,

That would be fantastic if you would do one as I'm sure many people would be interested.

Personally, I've been looking for ages at computer chairs ranging from 50 - 500. Leather, executive, ergonomic. I'm sure there is a large criteria on how you can review chairs but good to find out which is best "bang for buck".

Regards

M7ck 3rd Dec 2010 16:37

I would like to see a chair labs test

narwen 3rd Dec 2010 16:40

+1 to chair test

Technobod 3rd Dec 2010 16:44

+1

But make sure to test some 'normal' chairs. A lot of things with the 'gaming' sticker on are a lot of bark and no bite, it would be interesting to see how a normal 'operator chair stacks up.

adidan 3rd Dec 2010 16:46

+1

Robustness would be a good thing to measure. Most chairs tend to be a bit flimsy. And no, I don't have a fat arse so that's not the reason. :)

sixfootsideburns 3rd Dec 2010 17:10

I think its a fantastic idea but there are several issues involved, such as peoples material preferences (personally I dont like leather chairs), arms vs. armless (personally I prefer armless), 4-legs vs. center swivel (I'm a 4-legs+casters kinda guy myself), etc. And many of these criteria come down to personal preference.

A review like this could certainly be effective, but I think in order to do it properly and make it worth while you would have to do several tests with different groups of chairs/categories, and then have a cumulative review of all of them for things like build quality, stability, and all other characteristics that can be applied to any chair.

Fingers66 3rd Dec 2010 17:15

+1

bulldogjeff 3rd Dec 2010 17:22

I'm up for some of that.

Fiyero 3rd Dec 2010 18:54

+1 to that squire.

NethLyn 3rd Dec 2010 19:54

Yep, wheel out the chairs and make it a proper labs, not Custom Kit.

Certainly more useful than Fireworks (if that Labs ever went ahead, I think I missed that issue)

zukomonitor 3rd Dec 2010 20:14

+ 1

I want a chair for comfiness (sp?) surfing and forum etc, and a chair for alertness - gaming and work

:thumb:

The Toy 3rd Dec 2010 20:16

Indeed.

Phoenixlight 3rd Dec 2010 20:26

I'd be very interested in some chair reviews, not just leather though.

adidan 3rd Dec 2010 20:35

Hang on, we're encouraging them to basically sit on their arses and do nothing. :)

WarrenJ 3rd Dec 2010 21:05

i encourage myself to do the same so +1

zukomonitor 4th Dec 2010 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarrenJ (Post 2501851)
i encourage myself to do the same so +1

:D

:thumb:

NethLyn 4th Dec 2010 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns (Post 2501650)
I think its a fantastic idea but there are several issues involved, such as peoples material preferences (personally I dont like leather chairs), arms vs. armless (personally I prefer armless), 4-legs vs. center swivel (I'm a 4-legs+casters kinda guy myself), etc. And many of these criteria come down to personal preference.

A review like this could certainly be effective, but I think in order to do it properly and make it worth while you would have to do several tests with different groups of chairs/categories, and then have a cumulative review of all of them for things like build quality, stability, and all other characteristics that can be applied to any chair.

That's Ok, sounds like the fans labs all over again and they pulled that one off without many hitches.