Thread: Gaming Unreal Tournament 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 18:47   #46
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
This surprises me somewhat. Unless you have the reaction time of a bluebottle, you shouldn't be able to distinguish any difference above a frame rate of around 50 fps. This is one of the reasons most monitors are capped at 60Hz, as people simply wouldn't be able to distinguish anything quicker than that. Most cinema releases only have an fps of 24fps, and no-one complains at that.

Although in reality there's the added factor of motion blur. The human eye adds motion blur to a movement to give the illusion of fluidity, even though the human eye can't see at a particularly high frames per second. In actuality, with motion blur, something can run as slowly as 18fps and look smooth. So what we really need are games that add motion blur to every single frame, then we can run at like 20 fps and it'd still look great!

For a thoroughly comprehensive, but rather interesting read on frames per seconds, check out this page: http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm
I have read about this a few times and know that theorically, I shouldn't be able to see the difference between 50 and 80fps but somehow, I do. I won't be able to see the difference between a rock stable 50fps sequence or an 80fps one. However, it's the drop from 80 to 50 that I can really feel, especially on the mouse sensivity. This always has been a problem for me, it's nothing new. I also never really met someone who has the same problem except maybe my best friend who's a CS addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
A Thought: What mouse do you use? It could be that there is some confusion with sensitivity settings and acceleration. If your mouse has sensitivity changing or software with it then that may conflict with the mouse sensitivity setting built into windows and the one inside the game. Also, make sure that mouse accelleration is turned off in the windows options.
I use a Logitech MX518 @ 1600dpi without any software installed. Mouse accel is disabled in the game and in windows as well. The refresh rate of the usb port is not tweaked and should be at the stock 125hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnooter View Post
lol who is this reviewer? Does he actually HAVE a gaming machine or is he even a gamer?

low FPS? wtf I get 20FPS when recording via fraps! and then 60FPS when playing normal, and thts with all the settings on high. Now with the rig he said he must have serious virus or windows issues cuz my rig is near as good as that and you can see my results are WAY higher

QUOTE:
The Ageia PhysX stuff isnít immediately part of the game. You can enable the hardware acceleration in the menu and supposedly youíll get some benefit in terms of performance but honestly we couldnít tell the difference. In vanilla UT3 the game still has realistic ragdolls and debris.

WRONG! The Physx is immediately part of the game cuz it's the physics engine! god word things correctly, the Physx --->CARD<----- isn't immediately part of the game but Physx IS.

I wish reviews would acutally do some research into things before ripping them to bits.
He's right above you ...

you sound like a 13 year old kid and you don't deserve any kind of answer to your post imho
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote