Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 11:08   #2
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li
 
The boy 4rm oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Balhannah, South Australia
Posts: 5,297
The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well first of all I’ve stripped the case and have removed the front panel to allow me to sleeve the cables from the switches and LCD etc.

Here is a picture of the mass of cables:





The first thing I have to do is free all of the cables from their ties and measure the sleeving. I am going to do this in stages as to allow me to join individual cables into one big one (you’ll get what I mean when you see it). If I stuff up and cut a cable I have a whole new set along with a whole fascia. Yes I have two case fascias. On the first one the door hinge broke and NZXT sent me a whole new fascia free of charge. I am currently using the one NZXT sent me but am considering transferring the polished aluminium panels of the old fascia to the new one because they are shinier.

Here’s a picture of the two fascias together. (The one on the left is the older one)



I removed the Brushed aluminium panels to protect them from scratches as I sleeve the cables. I also removed the USB, Audio and Firewire card to help protect the circuit board from damage.



I then removed the Power LED and the HDD activity LED because these are the two I would be sleeving first.

Well that’s all I have for tonight. I will have more to show you tomorrow including the completed cable sleeving. Until Then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote