Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 12:09   #4
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have put the sleeving on hold for now so I can do this minor update.

I have decided to cover the air vents on the lower part of the front fascia with some old mesh I have from an old pair of speakers. This will help with the overall theme of the mod and dust management.

I start by getting my mesh and marking it for cutting. I didn’t need to mark the mesh for the two small vents near the USB ports because I will just use a few off cuts.

I then cut it to size and shaped it how I wanted it.
Insert picture of cut and shaped mesh

Now to install it. I think I will use some clear silicon or super glue to attach it to the plastic of the front fascia. I left about 1/2cm over hang either side of the mesh to allow it to be attached with ease.

I have decided to use the clear silicon because super glue makes everything go white. I apply the silicon and leave it to dry and now we have the finished product.

You can’t see the mesh really well in the picture but up close it looks pretty good. I considered using silver or plain aluminium mesh instead of the black because it would tie in with the front of the case but I didn’t have any laying around and don’t want to buy silver spray for this minimal amount of work.

Well that’s the end of this little side project. Only took me about 1-2 hours tops to complete. I will now try to complete the sleeving but I have some school assignments that need to be completed by the new term on Tuesday so my time is limited. Until Then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote