Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 11:11   #9
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Four simple items right? Well yeah they are but that’s not the point. I’m still waiting for orders to come in so I decided to make a cover for the ugly stock NZXT dust trap that’s on the bottom of the case. This won’t have a fan on it due to limited space for the water pump but I just want to conceal it a bit, and anyway the white looks good under the black mesh.

Ok, I start by marking on the mesh where I want the whole for the screws that will hold this onto the floor of the case.

Now that I’ve got the mesh market I can drill out the mounting holes.

Because the mesh came from an old speaker there is about a 1cm over hang where they attached it to the speaker housing. I’m going to cut most of this away but I still want it to cover the side of the dust trap.

I stuffed up the cutting of the overhang so I cut it off completely to give me a simple square.

I used a permanent marker to colour in the raw aluminium of the cuts and the sides of the dust trap.

Note: That’s not raw metal it’s just the camera flash.

They fit perfectly on each other.

I won’t show you a picture of it installed because I haven’t got the correct screws for the job yet. I will be using a standard screw cut to size threaded in from the underside of the case and attached with a dome nut on top of the mesh. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote