Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 11:15   #13
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I needed to make a spacer to go between the radiator and the case so I could have enough room to the hoses after I pass it through the case wall. After trying various things with washes and nuts I got an idea.

Yes it's a case fan. I have decided that this will be the best and easiest way to do what I want. This is an old broken case fan that I was going to throw out anyway so it's not a huge loss if I stuff up
Ok so here is the fan with the LED's and cable removed.

Here's the fan with the actual fan removed, just the housing left. As you can see I pretty much snapped the blades off and in the end got some tin snips to cut the supports. It's feels good to vent your anger on something breakable lol.

Here is the completed housing with all the sharp edges cut and filed.

Here it is installed on the radiator ready to go.

Here's a pic of the rear of the case marked and ready for the holes to be cut to pass the tube through to the radiator.

These are the cut and filed holes. You can see how the hole saw slipped and scraped the hole on the right but this doesn't matter because it's going to be painted over anyway.

This pic is how it will be installed. You can see how the tube fits perfectly through the hole and the old fan acts like one of those rad boxes which is an added bonus

Sorry about the blurry pic guys, the camera wouldn't focus. Well that's all I have done at the moment. It's slowly coming together and I hope to have it finished by next weekend. I still have to paint that rad box to match the case and start the etching after school. I am still waiting for my water blocks but should be receiving them within the next few days. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote