Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 12:16   #14
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well with a day off school today I thought I should really get my stuff together and do some modding.
First on my list are the PCI slots.
Due to an 8800GTX being extremely long (27cm) It is hard to get it into the case, you have to put it in diagonally and this will be hard with the water cooling attached and once you get it in there is about 2cm gap between the end of the PCB and the HDD cage. I have decided to trim some of the case towards the PCI slots to allow the card to slide in much more easily.

So here is the case all marked up, this cut should be fairly easy but due to it being aluminum it with warp a little.
Here is the case after I have cut it and filled it to the correct size, in all about 10 mins work

I know at the moment it looks a bit tacky but I have ordered some fan hole molding to cover up the sharp ugly edges.
Well thats all for now, I have to copy he final copies of the etch design and then cut the plexi to fit. After that the fun can begin. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote