Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 12:17   #15
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well today I cut most of the plastic I will need.
Here's a pic of all the cut plexi.

From left to right:
Support bar cover, Bottom of HDD bay cover
ODD cover (inside), FDD cover (inside), HDD cover top and bottom (inside)
ODD cover (outside), FDD cover (outside), HDD cover (outside)
By outside I mean facing the case window and by inside I mean facing the rear of the case (PSU).
Here is a pic of the support bar cover installed (sorry no screws today, only tape):

Sadly I did not have a long enough piece of plexi to cover the whole rail so I will need to use some mesh to cover up the ends.
Here is the rest of the plastic where it generally will be:

As you can see from the picture I didn't include the ODD covers, that's because they wont fit until I un-rivot the case.
Here are the ODD covers:

And here is where they will be installed:

The ODD cover situated on the window side of the case need to be installed before I reconstruct the case, There is a lip on the edge of the drive bays that the plastic will slip under and the whole front of the case needs to be off to allow me to do so.
In the third picture you may have noticed the big gaps in the plexi, this is for mesh to be installed to allow for better ventilation (especially on the inside HDD covers). Well that's about all I have at the moment. When I figure out where my pump will be mounted then I may design a plexi cover for it. I am also thinking of making one for the PSU. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote