Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 12:21   #17
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well because I couldn't finish my PSU cover today I thought I would have a flip through my mobo manual. As I was reading I took a closer look at the Karajan Audio module that comes with the DFI boards. As I read on it had the usual stuff about which pins go where and stuff like that. During my boring afternoon of reading I found that if I connect me front audio and mic connectors to the mobo I lose access to them on the Karajan audio module. Now this means for me no front audio ports (don't care, don't use 'em anyway ) but also an extra full length wire in my case doing nothing. So I got my pliers and started modding.
This is very basic stuff and took all of 1 min to do haha.
Here is the Victim:

The picture is of the cables for my to USB ports and the audio cable, as you can see they are joined together, but not for long.
Here is a pic of how the cables sit on the PCB in the front of my case:

Here is a close up of the cable:

The bundle of wires on the left are the ones being removed.
The job is done, the two separate cables:

I just got the pliers and pulled he wires straight out of the plastic housing.
A final pic of the Cable attached to the PCB:

With this done I now have one less cable to route and no hardware issues to worry about. Well that's all for now, I hope to get the new domed nuts by the weekend to continue with the overall mounting of the bay covers and PSU cover. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote