Thread: Case Mod Project: LEXA
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2008, 12:25   #20
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well guys today it finally came, that's right, the rest of my water cooling gear along with all the other bits and pieces I need to finish my mod...hopefully.
Well here is what was in the package:

There is also a 12V-10V fan cable that is not shown in the pics.

Before I received my order I primed my side panels ready for painting, sadly I have no paint but I will try to get some tomorrow.
Here is my side panel with the plexi, lock and all the shiny plastic bits removed and all taped up for painting:

And here is the primed side panel:

Onto the other side panel, same deal:

And primed:

I have a little problem guys and mabye one of you could help me out.
I have two of these switches that will be connected to my CCFL's, unlike the stock switches these have 3 pins instead of two.
Pic:

What's different about these switches is that they have a built in LED that will light up when the switch is in the on position. I know what pin is for the LED (gold looking one, the bottom one in the pic) but I don't know how to wire the switch so when in the on position the LED lights up and when in the off position it turns off. Due to the stock switch only having two terminals (with two matching wires) I don't know how to set this up. The LED will only power on when I use the red wire (12V?) so could I splice the red wire and have an extra spade connector running to the LED terminal, or will there be more involved?

Any help would be great. Until then...

Happy Modding.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote