Thread: Electronics Purple LEDs?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2009, 04:52   #25
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
The 5v rail would be better suited, and the vr's need to be powerfull enough to handle the amount of leds you are gonna whack in there.
I need 5 in my front panel, about 10 or 15 in my case (I'll possibly make a strip or something), and another 10 or 15 going out to the back of my monitor (I'll replace the cathodes). Would it be possible for me to make a some sort of control box to go in a 3.5" bay, with three sliders/knobs for the colour and a master brightness slider/knob to control these lights, maybe with a modularised system where the LED strings connect to the back of the unit through 4-pin connectors?

Ultra high detail technical drawing from Paint:

And connections at the back like this:

The function button in the first image would cycle between various preset colours, or even continuously fade through the spectrum, however I'm not sure if this is at all possible.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote