View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2009, 22:44   #19
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow703793 View Post
Yup. That agrees whith what I have observed via CFD sims.

Btw, just curious, do you run any CFD sims on your blocks before building?

PS: Sorry for hijacking the thread
There is no such thing as thread hi-jacking with such questions my friend. Before setting out and designing the block I have to specify my pump and bore of tubing.

From this I know my pressure and flow rate, which allows for the end design of my block. What I haven't done yet is to specify a pump for this project, but the design of the mosfet block can be tweaked to increase its height or decrease to suit the ideal volume desired.

Now this is where your question comes in, 'Do I run fluid dynamics?'

Answer is yes, because I block to create internal turbulence without slowing the flow to much. By tweaking the central feature I can slow or speed up the flow. I use 'Flow Simulation' with in solidworks as it gives me a rough idea as to what is going on. Remember it only has to be a rough idea as the tolerance of the complete loop isn't that precise, if you think every radiator and pump isn't spec sheet perfect not at the price's we pay at at least. At the very least i expect a 10% error margin.

Nothing is perfect, but dam I am going to try!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote