View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 21:18   #1
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
The Official - Show us your folding rig thread!

Hi all, this thread is for people to show off their Folding Rigs and/or any modifications to their rigs in the name of a folding IE getting out the to get 8 GPU's into a small tower case!

Many of you have got some great rigs that I'm sure we would all like to admire and get some ideas from, also a few of us got farms to try and keep going which I know can be quite problematic sometimes but any pictures of racking, cooling etc are all helpful!

I've been meaning to start a thread like this for ages but didn't ever seem to get around to it but as I have loads of pics sat about I thought its about time I got them up to share!

I will keep the 2nd post free for making a total list/summary of CPU's, GPU's & OS's used, should be some interesting results I think

Anyway, use the below template for sharing the spec on your rig(s) then add anything else you want to underneath...

Folding @ Home rig type -
Make/Model/MHz of CPU(s) -
Make & Model of GPU(s) -
Case & Motherboard -
Any Modifications Done -
The Rig's average PPD -
Operating system Used -
Virtual or Native SMP(s) -
Power Consumption used -
Any other info to share -

Examples:

Folding @ Home rig type - Dedicated or part time
Make/Model/MHz of CPU(s) - Intel Q6600 @ 3.4ghz or AMD Phenom II 550 @ 3.4ghz
Make & Model of GPU(s) - 3 x Asus Nvidia GTX260's or 2 x ATI 5850's
Case & Motherboard - Antec 902 & Asus P6T Deluxe
Any Modifications Done - Rear fan grill cut out & hole made for water pipes
The Rig's average PPD - 31,000 PPD
Operating system Used - Windows 7 64 bit or Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit
Virtual or Native SMP(s) - VMware 3.0 & NotFred VM on 4 cores or Windows/Linux SMP
Power Consumption used - Wattmeter shows 480w from the wall while folding
Any other info to share - Corsair HX1000 PSU & 4gb OCZ 800mhz DDR II etc...

And then some photos...

If im missing anything you think would be good to know let me know, otherwise hope this is useful & interesting to everyone.

Fold on team 35947!

Last edited by coolamasta; 5th Feb 2010 at 12:14.
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote