View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 16:19   #2
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.Blogins is definitely a rep cheat.
LETTER TEMPLATES

These are template letters for guidance. You need to add your details and where appropriate change the letter to suit your particular circumstances. Once you’ve made changes, always print it out and read through to check it makes sense to the recipient.

ACTION POINTS

[BLUE BRACKETS]: Put your specific information here, then delete the instructions (and change the text colour).

[RED BRACKETS]: Just for your information, after you’ve read it simply delete.

Consumer Rights Directive

Referenced Link

Quote:

[insert your name and address including contact telephone number]

[insert name and address of retailer]

[insert date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Consumer Rights Directive

On [insert date] I ordered [insert goods]. [select from I received the goods on [insert date]/ I have not yet received the goods].

Under the Consumer Rights Directive I am entitled to a 14 day cooling off period, starting from the day after I received the goods. I am therefore writing to cancel the order and request that you provide a full refund.

Please contact me to arrange collection/return of the goods.

Yours sincerely

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]
Sale Of Goods Act 1979 (Amended)

Referenced Link
If you've bought faulty goods within the last six months.

Quote:
Your name
First line of address
Second line of address
Third line of address
Fourth line of address
Contact telephone number

Owner/Manager’s name
First line of company address
Second line of company address
Third line of company address
Fourth line of company address

Today’s date

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On [date of purchase] I bought a [description of purchase] from you for [insert price] which has stopped working.

The problem is [enter description of fault].

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says: if goods break within the first six months after purchase then there is a presumption the goods were faulty when sold.

My goods are not [delete as appropriate - as described/fit for purpose/of satisfactory quality] and I wish to claim a [delete as appropriate - repair/replacement/refund] of my goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

Please respond to my complaint within 7 days from receipt of this letter.

Yours faithfully,
[your name]
Referenced Link
If your goods are faulty six months after you purchased them.

Quote:
Your name
First line of address
Second line of address
Third line of address
Fourth line of address
Contact telephone number

Owner/Manager’s name
First line of company address
Second line of company address
Third line of company address
Fourth line of company address
Today’s date

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On [date of purchase] I bought a [description of purchase] from you for [insert price] which has stopped working.

The problem is [enter description of fault].

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements.

The law also says I have six years from the date of purchase to claim damages for faulty goods.

My goods are not [delete as appropriate - as described/fit for purpose/of satisfactory quality] and I wish to claim a [delete as appropriate - repair/replacement/refund] of my goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

Please respond to my complaint within 7 days from receipt of this letter.

Yours faithfully,
[your name]

Credit Card Section 75

Referenced Link

Quote:
[insert your name and address]

[insert date]

[insert name and address of credit card company]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert credit card number]

Ref: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

[Use this section if the company has gone into administration or delete]
I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of [enter amount] as paid to[enter company name] for a [enter item purchased] on [enter date] with my [enter the name of your credit card] credit card.

My claim is made on the grounds that the company has gone into administration and you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

[Use this section if you have a faulty good or delete]
I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of [enter amount] as [select from full payment for / partial payment towards] a [enter item purchased] I paid for with my [enter the name of your credit card] credit card to [enter company name] on [enter date].

My claim is made on the grounds that the item purchased was faulty and I have been unable to resolve my complaint with the supplier and that you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

[Use this section if you would like to claim additional costs or delete]
In addition to the cost of the item, I would also like to claim the additional amount of [enter amount] for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: [enter details of additional costs, for example cost of delivery if you have had to post a faulty good back to the supplier] bringing my total claim to [enter amount of item plus extra cost].

[Use this section for all letters]
I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]
|OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (Solid State Drive - Boot)|OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (Solid State Drive - Games)|

Last edited by Blogins; 16th Jun 2014 at 14:35.
Blogins is offline   Reply With Quote