View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2011, 21:33   #23
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.
Another little update. I needed to make a support bracket for the 5 1/4" drive bay to stop it from bowing and sitting at a nasty off vertical angle. I used 90 degree 1.5mm ally to fit in with the ally used on the main build of the case.

In the top of the case, I measured the distane of the bay from the inside of the case frame and cut two notches on either side of the top of the case.

To create something like this.

I simply drilled some 4.5mm holes for some M4 counter-sunk screws, purely for aesthetics.

I also needed to make a little bracket on the bottom of the bay to again, help kick it out to make it sit and a nice 180 vertical.

Well that's that.... I also started making some 240mm radiator mounts for the bottom of the case. Simple case of cutting the 90 to length, measuring the holes on the rad, drilling and tapping some M3 holes.

Down the bottom, instead of having a single 240mm rad, I think I am going to squeeze two in tandem, basically a 480 and instead of having a 360 up top, due to actually using the 5 1/4" drive bays means I can't physically squeeze one in, I can only use a 240mm.

I need to get a larger hole saw, the one I used for the 240mm fan grill was a 92mm saw and obviously, it cuts down airflow, so I need to invest in a 110mm or 111/115mm hole saw (as that is all I can find).

I mounted the 240mm rad cover up top to see if my drill centres were ok and they were.

All good from the underneath, mount and solid. Thats it for know, I need to wait for payday to order the other 2, 240mm radiators and fans. I may also start getting the stainless fittings for the rads too, so fingers crossed, next month I can start to get the ball rolling.

Steel Series 6G MX Blacks /Choc Mini MX Blues / Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Anthracite/ Poker 2 with 45g MX Blacks/ Dell AT101W/ Beige Filco TKL 45g MX Black / V60 Mini MX Brown
shrop is offline   Reply With Quote