View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 00:56   #26
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.
Been a while since I've updated, I'm sorry. I've been away working and various other things have come up, not a massive update, but whats new?! Lol, Christmas is coming and money seems to be going elsewhere for some reason.

The fan bus and bezel covers slotted in great. I may have to work a bit of magic on the side panel to be able to get the fan controller knobs through, as I doubt the panel will go on with the bay rotated the way it is. Anyway, I think I'll need to do a fair few measurements and work out where to drill a few holes, fingers crossed it shouldn't be too hard.

For mounting the 1st 240mm rad in the front, I needed to make a few brackets, as the case came with standard 140mm fans in the front.

I made 8 and chose the ones with the best centres, problem is though, I had to use some cack, I mean CACK Black and Decker 240v drill. Its terrible, tap the trigger and it revs up to like 10000rpm, its not good, the drill bit danced around everywhere.

BEWARE OF NASTY TOOLS (NSFW LOL)

I used a scrap bit of ally that I cut the top rad air outlets to make a few middle supports.

I chopped down some screws so they wouldn't be jutting into the front bezel.

Pretty inconspicuous.

Not the prettiest solution, I will neaten them up later on, at least they work well.

I also got some paint, enamel this time on some of the PCI-slot covers, in white. I want the rear all white. I used a heat-gun to stop any cracking this time due to the cold, damp weather.

I also bought a shiny new 114mm Bosch holesaw, which is identical to the inside diameter of the Enermax fans I'm using. Awesome, makes life much easier now, plus more air flow than the smaller 92mm fan I used on the fan grill, I'll have to make another one with the new saw soon.

Lastly, a shed load of cap headed screws, washer and nuts for the build. No odd screws and bolts now, all matching shiny chrome cap heads, which look good, well I think they do! Thanks for looking as always.

Steel Series 6G MX Blacks /Choc Mini MX Blues / Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Anthracite/ Poker 2 with 45g MX Blacks/ Dell AT101W/ Beige Filco TKL 45g MX Black / V60 Mini MX Brown
shrop is offline   Reply With Quote